If you're having trouble with game performance, the following tips can help improve your World of Warplanes experience.
- Downloading and updating World of Warplanes requires additional space on your hard drive (up to 10 GB). Make sure that you have enough space on your hard drive where your game folder is located.
- Files from all previous updates are stored in the Updates folder and use up space on your hard drive. After updating your client to the most recent version, you can remove all files from the Updates folder.
- Graphics settings affect your game performance. If your computer has problems with game performance, set your graphics to Low. It may not look as nice, but the FPS (frames per second) will increase significantly. You can also significantly improve the performance by reducing your screen resolution.
- Sound settings also affect game performance. Turn off the sound effects in the game (or reduce their quality): they’re making the game atmosphere more realistic, but it can be slowing your system down.
- Running large downloads (such as torrents) can also affect game client performance. If you have high ping*, please make sure to close any download programs that may be running, or any automatic download or installation processes that may be running on your computer (the latter may cause sudden drops in FPS).
- FPS can be improved by installing your video card’s latest drivers. Make sure to regularly check and update your video card’s drivers. If you have an Nvidia video card on your computer, use the official Nvidia GeForce Experience tool, which will also help you set optimal graphics settings.
- Other programs can be used to further optimize game performance. If you have low FPS on computers with low performance, try using a booster program, which will disable any unnecessary operating system processes while the game is running. For example, Razer Game Booster. http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.php
*Ping: A measurement of how fast the connection is to the game server. For example, a player with low ping (around 50) is going to have a better game experience than a player with high ping (f250 or more).