Highlights of World of Warplanes Update 2.0.4
New Game Modes: Invasion and Attrition
Update 2.0.4 launches two new game modes in World of Warplanes. We'll drop dedicated overviews closer to their launch, but you can look forward to playing them on the following weekends in March and April as part of a new game event:
- Invasion: March 2 at 17:00 PT (20:00 ET) – March 4 at 11:00 PT (14:00 ET)
- Attrition: March 10 at 17:00 PT (20:00 ET) – March 12 at 12:00 PT (15:00 ET)
- Invasion: March 17 at 11:00 PT (14:00 ET) – March 19 at 12:00 PT (15:00 ET)
- Attrition: March 24 at 11:00 PT (14:00 ET) – March 26 at 12:00 PT (15:00 ET)
- Invasion: March 31 at 11:00 PT (14:00 ET) – April 2 at 12:00 PT (15:00 ET)
- Attrition: April 7 at 11:00 PT (14:00 ET) – April 9 at 12:00 PT (15:00 ET)
New Game Event: Operation Westwall
Running in parallel to the launch of our two new game modes, prepare for a brand new in-game event: Operation Westwall, launching on March 2.
The Allies advance upon the Siegfried Line, a nightmarish barricade that stretches for hundreds of miles through France. Known by the Germans as the “Westwall”, the line conceals thousands of fortifications, tunnels, and traps, preventing forces on the ground from marching beyond it. As the troops bottleneck, the Luftwaffe prepare to unleash a devastating surprise for the Allies...
Fight as Allied or Axis forces across two campaigns and a total of 60 different missions, with the completion of all missions in the brand new ‘Invasion’ and ‘Attrition’ game modes rewarding players with the ultimate jackpot in the form of two new aircraft.
Watch out for the dedicated article for Operation Westwall, coming soon!
Take part in the Operation Westwall event to get your hands on the Luftwaffe's newest and most terrible weapon, and the Fighter sent in by the Allies to stop it in its tracks:
- Dornier Do 335 A-1 Pfeil - Tier VIII German Heavy Fighter
- Curtiss XF15C - Tier VIII American Fighter
Two New Maps
Shine a light in the darkness, and join a very cold war in the two newest maps being added to World of Warplanes with Update 2.0.4:
In addition to the big news, we're also making the following changes with Update 2.0.4:
- Improvements to combat log
- Improvements to in-game camera zoom
- Addition of new camouflage
- And even more!
Check out the full notes for a list of all the Update 2.0.4 changes.