- Curtiss XF15C - U.S.A. tier VIII fighter
- Lavochkin La-11 - USSR tier VIII fighter
- Messerschmitt Me 109TL 109 TL - Germany tier VIII multirole fighter
- Mitsubishi J8M Shusui - Japan tier VIII fighter
- The maximum number of Flight members is reduced to two players in order to decrease the impact of Flights on team balance and battle results. Explanation at the Developer Blog
- Weapons have an improved ability to deal critical damage. Now the damaging of wings and tails will happen more often
- German and American bombs were replaced with more powerful analogues
- Ar 197 - SC 50 removed, SD 50 added
- Fw 189 C Eule - SC 50 removed, SD 50 added
- Bf 110 E - SC 50 removed, SD 50 added
- Fw 190 V - SC 50 removed, SD 50 added
- Hs 129 B - SC 50 removed, SD 50 added
- Fw 190 A-5 -SC 50 removed, SD 50 added
- Me 262 Schwalbe - SC 250 removed, SD 250 added
- Me 262 HG II - SC 250 removed, SD 250 added
- Me 262 HG III - SC 250 removed, SD 250 added
- Me P.1102 - SC 250 removed, SD 250 added
- Me 329 - SC 250 removed, SD 250 added
- Me P.1099 B-2 - SC 250 removed, SD 250 added
- Bf 109 TL - SC 250 removed, SD 250 added
- F2A Buffalo - 100 lb removed, 100 lb AN-M30A1 added
- F4F Wildcat - 100 lb removed, 100 lb AN-M30A1 added
- XP-50 - 100 lb removed, 100 lb AN-M30A1 added
- TsKB-12bis - increased boost duration;
- I-220 - reduced autocannon overheating time for 20 mm B-20
- Fantome - Increased maneuverability and speed characteristics, increased HP and weapons damage
- Me P.1092 and Me P.1101 - the aircraft weapons are re-adjusted to efficiently fire in short bursts by reducing time before overheating and by significantly increasing weapons cooldown speed. The aircraft now also features reduced hit points and maneuverability, as well as reduced impact of the top weapon on the aircraft performance
- 10 new bonus emblems were added for Public Test participants who receive specific achievements. Corresponding emblems will be granted to players who were awarded "Public Test Participant" achievement during 1.7 Public Test
Equipment & Consumables
A wide range of new Equipment types and Consumables were added. They have a more pronounced effect on aircraft behavior. These will not be available for purchase in Depot. In order to obtain them, participate in War Cache, which comprises a set of special missions. By completing them, players can earn Tokens. Tokens can be used to get special prizes, including novelty Equipment unavailable for purchase in the Depot, as well as unique paint schemes and emblems, and discounts on Premium aircraft. Tokens can also be used to purchase new Premium aircraft of tier VIII.
- During the event it will be possible to get 2 coupons Tokens once per 24h for logging into the game client;
- It will be possible to earn coupons Tokens as a reward for completing the event battle missions;
- It will be possible to purchase coupons Tokens for Gold. Exchange rate: 1 Coupon Token = 50 Gold
- Prizes for participation in the event will be accrued randomly when coupons Tokens spent for the participation in the minigame
- Prizes include new types of Equipment and Consumables (which will be temporarily unavailable for the purchase)
- Prizes include event camouflages paint schemes and emblems (which will be unavailable for the purchase)
- Prizes include discounts for purchasing Premium planes of III-VIII tierspurchasing Premium aircraft of tiers III–VIII
- Tokens earned and purchased for Gold during the event can be used for the purchase of the new Premium planes
- First Aid Kit: bonus to Crew protection against injury disabled. Added possibility to use the Consumable twice per battle
- 100-octane Gasoline, 120-octane Gasoline, Purified Kerosene: removed from the game. All items mounted on players' aircraft or stored in Depot were sold for their entire price
- Self-Sealing Fuel Tank: renamed as Self-Sealing Fuel Tank I. Firefighting acceleration effect removed. The effect reducing chance of fire and damage from fire by 50% added
- Inert Gas: renamed as Self-Sealing Fuel Tank II. Firefighting acceleration effect removed. The effect reducing chance of fire and damage from fire by 50% added
- Fire Suppression System: renamed as Self-Sealing Fuel Tank III. Firefighting acceleration effect removed. The effect reducing chance of fire and damage from fire by 50% added
Client-side flight simulation (client-side physics) was implemented. It runs simultaneously with server-side calculations, making aircraft response to player's actions faster and timelier.
- The system is designed to reduce the impact of network delays on game physics and control. If client-side calculations are found inconsistent with server data, the game client gradually adjusts aircraft position according to server calculations. The new feature can be enabled by clicking the checkbox "Increased Control Responsiveness" in the Game tab of the Settings screen
- The work principle of the Auto-Fill Bots button was changed. Now pressing the button will not remove bots which were previously added
New Group Achievements
- Valuable Contribution- Awarded to all members of a Flight that destroyed at least 6 enemy aircraft. All Flight members must survive until this condition is met. Available in Standard battles only
- Outstanding Contribution- Awarded to all members of a Flight that destroyed at least 9 enemy aircraft. All Flight members must survive until this condition is met. Available in Standard battles only
- Superior Wing-Awarded to all members of a Flight that destroyed at least 3 enemy aircraft and received at least 40 points for enemy ground targets destroyed. All Flight members must survive until this condition is met. Available in Standard battles only
- Distinguished Wing-Awarded to all members of a Flight that destroyed at least 4 enemy aircraft and received at least 60 points for enemy ground targets destroyed. All Flight members must survive until this condition is met. Available in Standard battles only
- Group achievement Wrecking Crew renamed to Elite Wing
- Default player's nicknames in alt-mode display were brought back to the Markers settings
Improved game registration and login
- We've added the possibility to bind a social network profile to your regular account and log in through social networks: Facebook, Google+, etc
- A sound effect indicating hits on enemy aircraft was added
- New game login screen added
- Bugfix for when there was no blinking indication about battle start on the Windows taskbarwhen client was minimized
- Bugfix for the sound level settings in the game client
- The module order in the Hangar tab "Upgrades" was brought to a common design: engine, airframe, forward-firing weapon (cowling or wing-mounted weapon), rear gun, and outboard weapon
- Ar 197 — increased HP and maneuverability.
- Me 262HG II — increased shooting time before overheating for 20mm guns.
- XFL-1 — significantly improved maneuverabilityand speed characteristics: reduced stall speed, increased dive speed, increased boost time, and reduced speed loss in turn. Weapon changed when shooting with short bursts: slightly reduced shooting time before guns overheat but the cool-down period has been significantly increased.
New planes available for purchase in the client:
- Kochyerigin BSh-1 — USSR, tier III attack aircraft;
- Arado Ar 197 — Germany, tier V multirole fighter;
- Bell XFL-1 Airabonita — USA, tier V fighter.
New gift planes:
- Seversky 2PA — USA, tier IV fighter.
- Lockheed XP-58 Chain Lightning — USA, tier VIII heavy fighter.
The Set of National Camouflages for following planes:
- USSR — I-16 (e) (Spain), Yak-3 (Normandy-Neman, France), La-5 (Czech);
- Germany — Bf 109B (Spain), Bf 109F Friedrich (Romania), Ju 87G Stuka (Slovakia), Fw 190V (Hungary), Ju 88P (Netherlands), Hs 129B (Romania);
- USA — P-36 Hawk (France), P-51A Mustang (Poland);
- GB — Spitfire V (Poland).
Equipment and Consumables
Prohibiting simultaneous mounting of consumables related to the same group:
The mounting of several items is prohibited for consumables with similar effects (for example several fire extinguishers or re-starters). Appropriate types of consumables installed on the aircraft of players will be unmounted and moved to the Depot - they can be mounted again if necessary.
- New map added - "Dam", available for battles of tiers V - IX.
El Halluf map was changed
- The landscape will be changed to become more mountainous.
- Changes have been made to the ground target arrangement.
- Map will still be available for battles between tiers I - IV.
Graphic and Interface
Atmospheric light dispersion
The mechanics of sky rendering was changed completely. Now it uses the mechanics simulating the real atmospheric light dispersion in the air. It has greatly expanded the visible space and improved the realism of the atmosphere.
- Filters for the hangar planes carousel: can now filter by planes with the bonus for victory in battle, premium aircraft and planes with elite status.
- Improved interface of the "Events" tab — new function for sorting the planes table. Players can now hide discounts for the planes that are already in the hangar.
- Chat, contact list and system messages buttons replaced with icons.
- Number of players from the contact list (and online) now displayed in the chat.
- Quick commands now available during the pre-battle countdown.
- Reworked filters for the "Depot" tab.
- Refined tooltips for modules and planes — now players can see how much XP points or credits are needed for the research or purchase.
- Confirmation window added for demobilisation of crewmembers who have battle experience.
- Standardised display of information about the plane — Tier, class and plane model are displayed everywhere now.
- Reworked system message about invitation to the Flight — now it can be accepted in the system message.
- The number of items in the equipment list (tab "Service") increased up to 10.
- The possibility to join the battle in all Hangar tabs when the plane is ready for battle - for screen resolution with a height of 960 pixels.