- Tupolev Tu-2 — a Soviet Tier VII bomber;
- Tupolev Tu-10 — a Soviet Tier VIII bomber;
- Tupolev Tu-12 — a Soviet Tier IX bomber;
- Sukhoi Su-10 — a Soviet, Tier X bomber.
The Tier VII-IX part of the U.S.S.R. bombers branch is represented by Tupolev Tu-2 and its successors the Tu-10 and Tu-12. These warplanes are quite similar in features and playstyle, with later models being in fact evolutions upon the most successful Soviet frontline bomber design of the World War II - the Tu-2. The concept of a bomber capable of aerial combat at low and medium altitudes due to powerful forward-facing and defensive armament is obvious in Tupolev machines. From Tier to Tier these aircraft gain improved flight characteristics but retain similar feel and playstyle.
The branch is crowned by the Sukhoi Su-10, also known as Product E. In contrast with the Tu-12 which was an intermediary design between piston-driven and jet-powered bombers, the Su-10 was initially conceived as a jet aircraft. It is faster, has better altitude performance, more powerful armament, and carries eight 500-kg bombs. Firepower from two twin-linked 20-mm cannons in its turrets will make attacking the Su-10 from rear hemisphere fatal for most fighters.
Tier VII-IX aircraft will be available through Special Orders that players can find in Trophies and complete during the Red Comet special. The Sukhoi Su-10 and its rival, the Junkers EF 131, will become available for research and purchase after the Spring Campaign is concluded, and all the players who participated and received multiple achievements in it will get a large discount to both XP and credit requirements. The full branch will become available for regular research after the Red Comet special. In the meantime the Su-10 and EF 131 can be encountered in battles piloted by bots.
The following aircraft is now available for purchase in the premium shop:
- Ilyushin Il-1 — a Soviet Tier VI multirole fighter;
- Dornier Do 335 A-1 Pfeil — a German Tier VIII heavy fighter.
The following promotional aircraft has been added:
- Bristol Beaufighter Mk V IM — a British Tier V heavy figher.
Reduced prices in experience for Tiers VIII-X aircraft upgrades:
- 15% off the modules
- 25% off the aircraft
- 20% off the modules
- 30% off the aircraft
- 25% off the modules
- 30% off the aircraft
Aircraft Balance Changes
The settings of the aircraft visibility system have been changed in order to increase the utility of using concealing paint schemes, as well as the effect of the new Navigational Radio Equipment:
The use of seasonal concealing paint schemes (summer, winter, desert, marine) with the effect of +20% to aircraft concealment on the corresponding map types will reduce the distance of the aircraft's detection by an average of 200 m for aircraft of all Tiers. The use of Navigational Radio Equipment can further increase this effect up to 500 m. These changes will not influence other paint schemes' effects (protection from AA guns and gunners).
Clouds' concealment effect slightly decreased. This will increase the comfort of playing on maps with dense clouds. However, the clouds' concealment effect will remain quite significant and will reduce the detection distance by an average of 200 m.
In cases when there are no concealment effects and no crew skills or equipment increasing the view range, the detection range will be approximately 1,650 m for Tier I-IV aircraft, 2,000 m for Tier V-VII aircraft, and 2,500 m for Tier VIII-X aircraft. Like before, the detection range will be equal for all aircraft types.
Visible area on the Radar now covers 4500 / 3000 / 1500 meters for Tiers I-IV, 6000 / 4000 / 2000m for Tiers V-VII and 7500 / 5000 / 2500m for Tiers VIII-X. A circle visible on the radar when Alt is pressed represents average distance of enemy detection for the aircraft Tier. If an enemy is inside that circle it most probably can see the player's aircraft as well.
Aircraft behavior in stall has been changed. Stall will now become more controlled and easy to recover from.
Changes in tech trees
Temporary crossing between bomber and attack aircraft branches between Pe-2 M-82 and Il-8 is no longer available.
- Fw 190 A-1 can now be researched from He 112 and Bf 109 E.
- Ta 152 can now be researched from Fw 190 D and Bf 109 G.
- F6U can now be researched from P-51H and provides an cannon-based alternative to American fighters mostly armed with machineguns. It will also serve as a link for crossing over to the heavy fighter branch towards the F2H.
Balance changes for some aircraft
- Il-20 — slightly reduced damage and blast radius of the TRS-82 rockets.
- RB-17 — all 4 engines can now be damaged individually.
- Il-40P — fixed an error in the turret damage settings for Specialist configuration. It will now deal more damage.
- Bf 109 G — increased armament accuracy, slightly increased boost efficiency and duration.
- Beaufighter — updated damage model, slightly decreased burst length for forward-facing armament.
Settings for bomber waves in Escort game mode have been changed. Their HP count was increased for all battle Tiers. Numbers of bombers in waves and waves themselves have been rebalanced for all map layouts (increased for some and decreased for others).
New map layouts
Added 5 new map layouts based on Plateau map for Conquest game mode Tier VII-X battles:
- Surprise attack,
- Cursed valley,
- Deserted fortress,
- Blazing sky.
Added unique paint schemes for a number of aircraft from regular research trees to the Hangar "Paint Shop" tab.
These were previously only available as part of rewards for completing Special Orders or prizes for in-game events. Same as all the other non-concealing paint schemes, these provide +5% bonus to aircraft XP gain in battles.
The list of aircraft is as follows:
- Dornier Do 17 Z
- Junkers Ju 88 A
- Dornier Do 217 M
- Arkhangelsky/Tupolev SB
- Arkhangelsky Ar-2
- Petlyakov Pe-2
- Petlyakov Pe-2 M-82
- Boeing B-17D
- Boeing B-17G
- Consolidated B-32
- Kawasaki Ki-45
- Kawasaki Ki-102
- Rikugun Ki-93
- Hawker Tornado
- Hawker Typhoon
- Hawker Tempest
- Hawker Sea Hawk
- Fixed an issue that caused a respawn point different from the default one to revert to the default one in case the enemy team captured any allied territory while the player waited for respawn. It will now only revert to the default respawn point if the enemy team captures the territory selected for respawn.
- Fixed an incorrect spawn point for bombers on Northern Bridgehead: Cold Skies map layout so that they no longer spawn facing a mountain peak.
- Fixed an issue with AA guns not attacking enemies on several map layouts.
- Fixed an issue with Scorching Sands: Desert Strike map layout that caused one of the bombers to spawn among enemy team.
- Fixed engine power value for the Jumo 004A engine in the Hangar tooltip. Aircraft parameters have not changed.
- Fixed an issue with the XP-31 pilot model that caused the oxygen mask to shift in some cases.
- Fixed an issue with a reward paint scheme for the Hurricane Mk. I that caused its engine cover to lose metallic sheen.
- Fixed an issue that caused propeller speed visualization to not return to normal after engine critical damage and repair.
- Fixed a minor issue with the B-32 bomb bay doors animation.