On February 9, from 00:00 PT / 03:00 ET to 04:00 PT / 07:00 ET, the servers will undergo maintenance to deploy Update 2.1.12.
Update from the previous version: SD—75.86 MB, HD—66.14 MB (in addition to SD).
Update 2.1.12 introduces a brand-new reward aircraft:
It's the iconic Spitfire, modified for battles on low altitudes. Featuring enhanced maneuverability and speed, this warplane can effectively engage enemy fighters and protect friendly attack aircraft and ground objects.
To earn it, you'll have to take part in the marathon for the Supermarine Spitfire XVI.
Marathon for Supermarine Spitfire XVI
February will bring a new event to World of Warplanes. Complete marathon missions to get multiple prizes, including days of Premium Account, Steel Supply Crates, tokens, and much more. The main reward is the Supermarine Spitfire XVI, a British Premium fighter.
To speed up your progress through the marathon, you'll be able to skip missions for certificates.
The update changes the chances of players getting into certain maps.
- There's now a 50% lower chance of being sent to the following locations:
- Arctic Region: Fire and Ice
- Archipelago: Decisive Blow
- Peripheral Mission: Shock Wave
- Scorching Sands: Desert Wind
- There's now a 30% lower chance of being sent to the following locations:
- Sea Gate: Siege
- Arctic Region: Ancient Hills
- Arctic Region: Alarming News
- Old Fortress: Enemy at the Gates
- Old Fortress: Danger Zone
- Archipelago: Retaliation
- Peripheral Mission: Harsh Times
- Scorching Sands: Leading Edge
- Cold Peak: Gem of the Mountain
- All the layouts for the Cold Peak map will be available for Tier VIII–X battles only.
- Added themed emblems dedicated to Valentine's Day and International Women's Day. You'll be able to obtain them during the relevant in-game activities.
- Added a decorations set (paint scheme, nose art, emblem) for the Supermarine Spitfire XVI aircraft.
- Fixed a bug, which in some cases prevented players from boosting pilot training for Free XP.
- Added an achievement for those who manage to earn the Supermarine Spitfire XVI.